Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lost and Found by Barbara Jean Smith Parker

My father had 2 sisters, Aunt Dorothy and Aunt Winifred. Last night, I recieved a phone call from a lady who had found me on google she asked me some questions. She caught me up on my two aunts and had questions regarding my father.
My Aunt Dorothy married at the age of 50 and has since passed away and she had no children. I had not seen her since I was 12 years old. Aunt Winifred had two girls, Lynn and Cameron. Aunt Winifred has since passed away also. I had no way of connecting with any of my cousins as I didn't even know their names. The phone call turned out to be my first cousin Cameron Pilchard Kelsey. For years, I have wondered where these two cousins were, but I couldn't trace them because I didn't know their names. I did know that the oldest one was named Lynn and I did see her once when she was a baby. Cameron was born when I was about 15 and I didn't know anything about her except that she was Lynn's sister. Anyway, it was rather exciting to finally know where they are and what their names are. Lynn lives in Santa Maria and Cameron lives in Prescott, Arizona. We talked on the phone today and Cameron is going to send me some pictures of the family. I only have five formal pictures of Grandma and Grandpa Smith and my two aunts and my dad. Not only that, but I really didn't know any of the history of the Smith family so she said she would catch me up on some history. She did say that she had the names of Grandpa Smith's mother and father and a picture of Grandpa and his brothers and sisters. I didn't know he even had any. I know that on the Smith's side of the family there were only my sister and me, and Lynn and Cameron. On the Potter side, there was my cousin Glenn and my sister and me. Glenn has since passed away also. No one else is probably interested but I have a mystery solved!

May 2009

No comments: